Data categories, purpose of processing and legal basis
Bundesdruckerei processes the following personal data when you use Bundesdruckerei websites, applications or online tools ("Bundesdruckerei’s online offering"):
Personal data that you voluntarily enter in the context of a Bundesdruckerei online offering (e.g. when registering, making contact or participating in surveys, etc.), such as your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, information provided in the context of a support enquiry, comments or forum contributions and information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP address, device type, browser type, previously visited website, pages visited or date and time of the respective visitor enquiry.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to enable you to make use of Bundesdruckerei online offering,
- to verify your identity and enable user authentication,
- to process your enquiry, and
The processing of personal data is necessary in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes. Unless expressly stated otherwise when personal data is collected, the legal basis for data processing is as follows:
- the performance and fulfilment of a contract with you (Article 6 (1) (b) of the General Data Protection Regulation),
- the fulfilment of legal obligations to which Bundesdruckerei is subject (Article 6 (1) (c) of the General Data Protection Regulation), or
- the protection of Bundesdruckerei's legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation). Bundesdruckerei has a legitimate interest in processing your personal data for the purpose of offering and operating Bundesdruckerei online services.
In some cases, we expressly ask you to consent to the processing of personal data. In this case, your consent forms the legal basis for processing personal data (Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
We ensure that we only process your personal data if you have previously provided us with your consent as required by the GDPR and the German Act Against Unfair Competition (UWG) in individual cases and have not revoked this consent.
Ordering newsletters and whitepapers
We need your name and your e-mail address if you wish to receive our newsletters and whitepapers. Before we can send the newsletter or whitepaper, respectively, to you, you must expressly confirm using the so-called double opt-in procedure that you want us to activate the newsletter mailing and whitepaper download service for you. You will then receive a confirmation and authorization e-mail from us, requesting that you click on the link in the e-mail to confirm that you would like to receive our newsletter or the download link for the whitepaper. Your e-mail address will only be used by us and will not be forwarded to any third party.
We use Evalanche to process your order for the newsletters offered on Bundesdruckerei's microsites. Evalanche will not pass on your personal data required to receive the newsletter to third parties. Evalanche is an analysis service of SC-Networks GmbH, Enzianstraße 2, 82319 Starnberg. Evalanche uses so-called "cookies", i.e. text files which are stored on your computer and enable your use of the newsletter to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the newsletter (including your IP address) is read out and sent to a server in Germany.
You can unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking on the link in the newsletter or by sending a written message to Bundesdruckerei GmbH, keyword: Newsletter, Kommandantenstraße 18, 10969 Berlin.
We use so-called "session cookies" which are temporarily stored only for the duration of your visit to one of our web pages.
Social media – Two-click method for Twitter, LinkedIn and XING
In order to ensure better data protection, we use the so-called two-click method on our sites rather than provider plug-ins. If you visit our website, your IP address is not automatically forwarded to the provider. Your IP address will only be transmitted if you have pressed the activation button and then the corresponding button. If you do not press the activation button, you are not consenting to the transmission of your IP address and other data. We do not know how your data will be used by third parties, or what type of data is collected. For further information, please contact the respective provider.
Inclusion of Youtube videos
(1) Our offering includes YouTube videos available at http://www.YouTube.com that can be played directly from our website. When you play these videos, this is carried out by YouTube as the provider. These videos are integrated in “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data about you as the user will be sent to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) When you play a video, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to in paragraph 2 of this declaration will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account that you are logged in to, or whether no user account exists. When you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want your profile to be associated with YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as a user profile and uses it for advertising and market research purposes and/or to design its website to meet user needs. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) in order to provide demand-orientated advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Bundesdruckerei GmbH's website uses technologies from etracker GmbH for analysis and statistical evaluation of website use. The information collected about your use of this website is used exclusively to analyse and optimize the quality of our website. Website visit data is anonymized. Neither etracker nor Bundesdruckerei can identify you personally.
You can revoke the collection and storage of data at any time. Do to this, click the following link:
Activate eTrackerDeactivate etracker