Digital signatures with qualified signatures
In the digital world, the qualified signature replaces the hand-written one. It helps companies and public authorities to digitize their business processes because electronic documents can be signed in a legally recognized manner, especially when processes are subject to the written form requirement.
Qualified certificates for electronic signatures in the form of a smartcard, i.e. signature card, are always issued to a natural person. The signature card cannot be transferred to another person. Recipients of an electronically signed document can be certain that the signature is in fact from the sender and that the contents of the document have not been manipulated.
Legally binding – Replaces the hand-written signature with the digital signature
Effective – Electronic business processes without any annoying changes to another medium
Secure – Authentication on the net based on high-security cryptographic keys
Certified – Warrants the highest level of data security through D-TRUST
Product variants of the qualified signature
The signature card enables digital signatures especially when the written form is required for processes. This means, for instance, that contracts can be signed electronically in a legally recognized manner, public invitations to tender can be handled via electronic tendering platforms and court documents can be submitted using the electronic court mailbox.
Companies looking to digitize their business processes and thus digitally sign many documents in succession in a legally binding manner and send these documents electronically can use our single signature card and multicard for signatures. D-TRUST’s multicard 100 can be used as a single workplace version while the D-TRUST mulitcard is our solution for qualified signatures in a server environment.
Vast range of applications
- Electronic legal communications
- Electronic chain of custody record
- Emissions trading
- Registration of intellectual property rights with the German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- Online dunning
- eAwarding: online processing of public calls for tender
- eInvocing: electronic invoicing that qualifies for input tax deduction
- Contracts, employee leasing, business correspondence
- Doctor’s letters, diagnoses, lab requests, patient files and teleconsultations
- Quality management documents, production records (pharmacies)
- Electronic waste records documents
- Design drawings, construction plans
- Statements of claim, dunning requests, notices, test certificates
- A qualified certificate from the eIDAS PKI for signing and a non-qualified certificate for authentication
- Valid for up to three years
- Cryptographic hash function SHA-256
- Supported signature scheme: RSA-PSS
- Key length of 3,072 Bi
- Card PIN, card PUK, transport PIN, signature PUK
- The PIN and PUK are sent in a separate PIN letter. Recommended accessories from Reiner Kartengeräte GmbH & Co. KG
- Smart card reader, class 2 or 3
- Middleware: Nexus Personal; available from REINER SCT Shop
- Card initialization: D-TRUST Card Assistant
- Signature software: from various suppliers available from REINER SCT Shop
We will be pleased to assist you! Go to our Support section where you will find more tips and information about signature cards.