Digital signatures with qualified signatures
In the digital world, the qualified signature replaces the hand-written one. It helps companies and public authorities to digitize their business processes because electronic documents can be signed in a legally recognized manner, especially when processes are subject to the written form requirement.
Qualified certificates for electronic signatures in the form of a smartcard, i.e. signature card, are always issued to a natural person. The signature card cannot be transferred to another person. Recipients of an electronically signed document can be certain that the signature is in fact from the sender and that the contents of the document have not been manipulated.
Legally binding – Replaces the hand-written signature with the digital signature
Effective – Electronic business processes without any annoying changes to another medium
Secure – Based on high-security cryptographic keys
Certified – Warrants the highest level of data security through D-TRUST
Product variants of the qualified signature
The signature card enables digital signatures especially when the written form is required for processes. This means, for instance, that contracts can be signed electronically in a legally recognized manner, public invitations to tender can be handled via electronic tendering platforms and court documents can be submitted in electronic form.
Product variants for the qualified electronic signature
D‑TRUST’s standard signature card is used when documents are to be digitally signed individually. Companies or public authorities that wish to digitally sign many documents in succession use D‑TRUST’s Multicard or Multicard 100. D‑TRUST’s Multicard 100 is also suitable for a single workplace and can be used to sign more than 100 documents in one process. D‑TRUST’s Multicard is our card for qualified bulk signing in a server environment.
Vast range of applications
- Electronic legal communications
- Electronic waste notification system (eANV)
- Emissions trading
- Registration of intellectual property rights with the German Patent and Trade Mark Office
- Online dunning
- Contracts, employee leasing, business correspondence
- eAwarding: online processing of public calls for tender
- eInvocing: electronic invoicing that qualifies for input tax deduction
- Doctor’s letters, diagnoses, lab requests, patient files and teleconsultations
- Quality management documents, production records (pharmacies)
- Design drawings, construction plans
- Expert reports, statements of claim, notices
- Completeness test certificates (Packaging Act)
- Electronic tax return with ELSTER-Plus
- Electronic civil status register
- A qualified certificate from the eIDAS PKI for signing and a non-qualified certificate for authentication
- Valid for up to three years
- Cryptographic hash function SHA-512
- Supported signature scheme: RSA-PSS
- Key length of 3,072 Bit
- PIN and PUK are sent separately with a PIN letter
- D-TRUST Card Assistant for card initialization and PIN change provided free of charge
- Smart card reader, class 2 or 3, available from the REINER SCT shop
- Middleware: Nexus Personal available from the REINER SCT shop
- Signature software from various suppliers available from the REINER SCT shop
We will be pleased to assist you! Go to our Support section where you will find more tips and information about signature cards.