Registration with sign-me is followed by one-time identification. We currently offer the following methods of identification. All methods of identification except POS Ident are available on the web portal; the specialist applications and signature workflows may not offer all methods.
- Video‑Ident: You will need a desktop PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet in this case. All devices must have a camera and microphone. You will also need a stable Internet connection and your valid ID document at hand. If you wish to use a device other than your smartphone to identify yourself via Video‑Ident, you will still need a mobile phone to receive an SMS‑TAN. Our partner identity TM will check your identity in a video conference offered by our partner and conducted with you and a trained Video‑Ident agent. The Video‑Ident method has been evaluated for eIDAS conformity and its security has been confirmed. Your personal data will be fully protected during this procedure.
Note: The Video‑Ident method can only be used with the following Windows, Android and iOS browsers: On a desktop PC, these are, in particular, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Edge and Opera. Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. On mobile devices, only Chrome can be used for Android and Safari for iOS devices.
- The online ID function (eID) of the ID card – you will need the following to identify yourself:
- Your valid ID card with the eID function activated and your PIN
- AusweisApp2 which must be installed on the device of your choice. This app is supplied by the German government free of charge at the following link: www.ausweisapp.bund.de/download/windows-und-mac/. The app must also be started on the desktop PC/laptop before use. When using a smartphone/tablet, AusweisApp2 will start automatically when used.
- If you wish to identify yourself using a smartphone/tablet, this device must have an NFC-enabled interface. A list of compatible devices can be found at the following link: www.ausweisapp.bund.de/mobile-geraete/.
- If you wish to identify yourself using a desktop PC/laptop, you will need a card reader for the ID card.
- eID-Ident: The following requirements must be met when identification is carried out via eID by our identification service provider identity TM:
- Your valid ID card (or electronic residence permit) with the eID function activated and your PIN
- Via smartphone: the identity app must be installed on your device (iOS/Android) and it must have an NFC interface. Start the identification process from sign-me in the browser. This will take you to the identity TM method selection page, where you will also be offered eID-Ident, among other things. Scanning the QR code will launch the identity TM app. Alternatively, you can launch the app and enter your last name and the reference number indicated on the method selection page. Then follow the instructions provided by the app and the agent.
- Via desktop PC/laptop: As an alternative to identification via the identity app, you can identify yourself using an external reader on your desktop PC/laptop and Ausweisapp2. In this case, Ausweisapp2 must be installed and started. This app is available free of charge at the following link. After starting identification from sign-me in your browser, you will then be directed to the method selection page of identity TM where you can select eID. Follow the instructions provided there.
- PoS‑Ident: PoS-Ident is an identification procedure in which a trained employee of a company/public authority identifies its users on site. In order to use PoS‑Ident either as a company or public authority, the following criteria must be met:
- As a D‑TRUST customer, the company or public authority has concluded an agreement with identity TM
- The PoS software is installed on the identifier’s device
- The identifier has completed face-to-face or online training and has been additionally identified
- The user has a mobile phone
The PoS‑Ident method can be generally completed in a matter of minutes. To do this, the identifier logs into the identity TM portal via the PoS software. The identifier collects the user’s personal data and takes a photo of the user’s ID card. The user checks the data collected and consents to further processing by entering an SMS‑TAN. The identifier compares the photo on the ID card with the user and then transmits the verified data of the user, which the user confirms by entering an SMS‑TAN. identity TM again verifies the data captured and then confirms successful identification of the user.
Note: Please note that private individuals using the identification methods provided by our partner identity TM (i.e., Video‑Ident and eID) on the web portal will be charged 50 coins. Using the online ID function, you can identify yourself directly and currently free of charge on the sign‑me portal ‘Online with ID card (eID)’ (not: ‘Other identification’).
In the case of users from companies or public authorities, identification is carried out from the specialist application or the signature workflow – in this case, do not use the web portal. Identification processes are not paid with coins, but charged to the respective company/public authority.
For information concerning cost structures and the PoS method, please contact our partner identity TM.