Following registration with sign-me, one-time identification will be performed. We offer the following methods of identification:
- VideoIdent: You will need a desktop PC, laptop, smartphone or tablet for the VideoIdent procedure. All devices must be equipped with a camera and microphone. You will also need a stable Internet connection and your valid ID document at hand. If you wish to use a device other than your smartphone to identify yourself via VideoIdent, you will still need a mobile phone to receive an SMS-TAN. The identity check will be carried out in a video conference with our partner identity TM in which you and experienced VideoIdent agents will take part. The VideoIdent procedure has been evaluated for eIDAS conformity and its security has been confirmed. Your personal data will be fully protected during this procedure.
- Online ID function (eID) of your ID card: For identification, you will need:
- Your valid ID card with the eID function activated and your PIN.
- AusweisApp2 must be installed on your preferred device. This app is provided free of charge by the federal government at the following link: https://www.ausweisapp.bund.de/download/windows-und-mac/. This app must also be started on the desktop PC/laptop before use. When using a smartphone/tablet, the installed AusweisApp2 will start automatically when used.
- If you want to identify yourself using a smartphone/tablet, this must have an NFC-enabled interface. A list of compatible devices can be found at the following link: https://www.ausweisapp.bund.de/mobile-geraete/.
- If you want to identify yourself using a desktop PC/laptop, you will need a card reader for the ID card (alternatively, the smartphone/tablet can be used to directly read the data via NFC). Details of how this is coupled with the PC/laptop can be found at the following link: https://www.ausweisapp.bund.de/ausweisapp2/handbuch/1.14/de/Windows/settings-pairing-with-remote-reader.html).
- GiroIdent: GiroIdent is an identification procedure in which an identity that has already been verified in line with the Money Laundering Act (e.g. a user with an active online banking account) is used to verify a new identity. For sign‑me, GiroIdent can be used with an active online banking account with TAN procedure at participating financial institutions (currently: German savings banks (Sparkassen), Volks- und Raiffeisenbanken (co-operative banks)). Go to the identification page and check whether your bank supports GiroIdent. The process is as shown below:
- The bank is selected from the list.
- The user is forwarded to the online banking portal of the participating bank followed by login.
- The identification data to be transmitted to sign-me is displayed.
- This data is confirmed and released by generating and entering a TAN
- Transmitted data is checked and forwarded to sign‑me.
- POS Ident: POS Ident is a method that can be easily adapted to different application areas and is suitable for mobile use. For you as a company or authority, the following criteria must be met in order to use POS Ident:
- The company/authority has concluded an agreement with identity TM as a D‑TRUST customer
- The POS software must be installed on the identifier’s device
- The identifier has completed face-to-face or online training and has been additionally identified
- The user requires a mobile phone
As a rule, POS Ident can be completed in a few minutes. To do this, the identifier logs into the identity TM portal via the POS software. The identifier collects the user’s personal data and takes a photo of the user's ID card. The user checks the data collected and consents to further processing with SMS‑TAN. The identifier compares the photo on the ID card with the user and then transmits the verified data of the user, which the user confirms with an SMS‑TAN. identityTM again verifies the data captured and then confirms successful identification of the user.
Note: Please remember that the identification methods provided by our partner identity TM (i.e. Video-Ident, Giro-Ident and eID) cost 50 coins in each case. Using the online ID function, you can identify yourself directly and free of charge on the sign-me portal ‘Online with ID card (eID)’ (not: ‘Other identification’). For information concerning cost structures and the PoS method, please contact our partner identity TM directly.