This section provides useful tips for sign-me.
Our tips for you
- Update your card reader firmware to the latest version. If you are using a Reiner SCT advanced reader, update the firmware to at least version 2.0.11. Please note that you require administration rights for your operating system in order to update the firmware.
- Activate the Java plug-in in the browser. Test via: http://www.java.com/de/download/testjava.jsp
- Exit other programs which require access to the smart card readers or the PCSC Interface.
- Test your system configuration with one of the following service providers and check whether eID is basically possible: http://www.personalausweisportal.de
- Permit the following in your firewall: Connection from/to your browser.
- Delete your browser cache.
- Delete your Java cache.
- Deactivate security plug-ins like NoScript for the following websites:
- In the case of problems with the Java applet, it helps to deactivate the 'Java Deployment Toolkit' Firefox plug-in. (Note: Not the 'Java™ Platform SE' Firefox plug-in!)